Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lift High

Broken people call His name
Helpless children praise the King
Nothing brings Him greater fame
When broken people call His name

Lift high, your chains undone
All rise, exalt the Son
Jesus Christ, the Holy One
We lift our eyes to You

Sinners all exalt the Son
Your ransom paid and freedom won
We will see His Kingdom Come
When sinners all exalt the Son

Lift up your heads
Oh oh oh lift up your heads
Look on Him

-Fee "Lift High" (We Shine)
=====
God has been SO gracious to me here in the last week. he has not only revealed areas of strongholds, areas of weakness, and areas of surrender; but he has stepped up the relationships in my life. Meaning, those who have surrounded me, have loved on me so much deeper. One of the blessings in my life is the committed prayer partner. My good friend, Karen, and I have made a 4 month commitment to pray for each other daily and share prayer requests as needed but a minimum of once a week. She has always been one of my biggest prayer supporters. She was vital in my trip last summer and has committed to pray again for Zimbabwe, but God placed it on my heart yesterday to ask her to take it one step deeper. As well on my part, I pray for her often, but felt I needed to step up for her as well. So I am so blessed by this recent development.

Another way God has blessed me is through my roommate at work, Brandi. There is some stuff personally going on (good stuff but not wanting to share online), and as of today, Brandi has stepped up in her prayer and accountability for me in this area. She told me today that she will commit to walk this thing, holding my hand and holding me up. Brandi has blessed my life in incredible ways and I thank God daily for her, and for her to step up in this area, is just another reason God has blessed me beyond what I feel I deserve.

I know I could go on forever about the ways God has blessed me, if only today alone, but those are the 2 biggest and most recent ways. I will leave you with how to pray this week for me and my team. I love you for your faithfulness to intercede on my behalf as I prepare for Zimbabwe. May God pour out abundant blessings for you.


Ways to pray for me:
  • Continued financial provision. I have raised $300 towards my trip (YAY GOD!!), and I am expectant for the other $2600. All in his timing, according to his will.
  • A deeper level of intimacy with Jesus. God is revealing some areas of strongholds as I've said, and so as I root those out, replacing them with the truth of God, which in turn brings a deeper trust and intimacy
  • I have bought my prescription that the doctor wants me to take with me (not that I need it... Praise God for my healing), but still have some things medically I need to take care of (shots, insurance, ect) and need God's discernment on what is needed and the financial provision to take care of it.
Ways to pray for my team:
  • God to pour out healing for a number of team members. (Side note: Diane was in the hospital last week for an unknown pain that the doctors could not find a cause for. God supernaturally healed her and she is doing very well.)
  • Direction for a few team members who are still "undecided" on the call to go or to stay and pray. PLEASE ask for God to give clear signs one way or the other.
  • For financial provision for each of the team members as they are raising support as well. (Side note: John prayed a few months ago for God to pour out a certain sum of money towards our trip that God had placed on his heart to ask for in prayer. Colin shared that the exact amount John prayed for was given! YAY GOD! (I do not know the amount, I do know that it was significant though))

No comments:

Post a Comment