Thursday, July 16, 2009

20 Salvations in 2 1/2 days

I wanted to send a quick update. Please be in prayer as final logistics are still being planned out. The price of diesel has gone up from $.80 a liter to $1.50 a liter and we are $2000 short on money, so Colin and Lovejoy are negotiating with the hotels to see how we can be more effective with our money and try to raise the support. So please be in prayer for wisdom and guidance for them.

I also wanted to share that so far, 20 hotel staff members have given their lives to Jesus Christ!!! 18 of them are caddies here at the hotel. Clay and I went prayer walking this morning and ended up meeting John and Clifford. John had prayed yesterday with Clay and Josh and received Jesus. I talked to John for a while then asked if I could pray with him. John asked if I would pray for his friends instead. So we met up with Clay (who had walked a ways talking to Clifford) then John got all the caddies and we prayed. Jabulani prayed in his native tongue, which was beautiful, and then Clay and I prayed. However, we knew we needed to present the gospel, but I couldn’t, as women are not allowed to talk over men. So Clay shared the gospel, with small inserts from me, then 18 of the men said they wanted to accept Jesus. It was a powerful and beautiful moment.

So, it has already been a powerful time in Zimbabwe and the delegates don’t show up for another 3 hours. Please be in prayer as the summit starts tonight at 7pm (noon for you people back home). We have already seen God move in mighty ways and are expectant that this summit will revolutionize this nation for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and through Zimbabwe, the world will know. Praise Him today and give him all glory and praise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment